The Sunday SHTF Survival Weekly – Week 5
Week #5 of the Sunday SHTF Survival Summary. More talk this week of drones, military training in US cities and Europe. However, this week will focus on prepping for the fast approaching difficult times.
1. Pandemics are just one of the potential triggers for the SHTF we face in our world. However, you don’t expect diseases that we’ve historically had control of becoming a problem. There are reports out of India that there is a new strain of Tuberculosis wreaking havoc across the country. Is this the next pandemic? Or is it the next strain of bird flu? Either way, having respirator masks is an absolute must for your family.
2. Keeping my family safe is one of my primary goals of prepping. Outback Medicine does a great breakdown of personal security in 10 Ways To Prevent Becoming A Victim. Getting your family to get into hypervigilance is a key concept and a huge challenge of those with young children. Being mindful to always close and lock doors and secure windows is something you simply must training your family to follow. Also, while folks love updating Facebook, Twitter, etc with where they are and what they are doing, you are inviting criminals to enter an empty home.
3. There has been a great deal of talk lately about the potential for hyperinflation. While the story of the Weimar Republic and their bout with hyperinflation, could that really happen here? Survival Mom breaks down hyperinflation and addresses how some are falsely excited by the idea of paying off large debts easily. Hyperinflation would be a crippling blow to this country as so many already living on the edge of poverty.
4. When thinking about preparing your family for SHTF survival, there are many things to consider. However, some are less obvious than others. Off Grid Survival offers a unique list of threats not many are thinking about. My personal favorite is how trash and sanitation could become a fatal problem. Keeping clean water and ridding your home of waste will be a daily challenge for you when things go south.
5. I’m always on the lookout for great prepping lists that help me fill in gaps in my own SHTF survival plan. I usually find one or two interesting tidbits I had not thought of for prepping. That is why I was excited to find 120 Powerful Pieces of Advice For Preppers. One my favorite items – finding new sources of income. This is something I am planning on covering in a upcoming featured post. I think it’s critical to find passive and active income when the SHTF.
In the meantime, we’ll keep digging for the best SHTF survival information for you and your families. So, what did you do to prep this week?